Workshops: A Taste of Methodology
February 22, 2012
PSU Faculty: Do you...
- want to identify new methodological approaches to help you in your work?
- have a busy schedule?
Try A Taste of Methodology!
Announcing a new series of semiannual BRIEF workshops for faculty, with lunch included! The objective is to provide busy faculty with an efficient way to assess a methodological approach’s potential for their research. The first in the series will be:
A Taste of Methodology: The Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST) for building and evaluating behavioral interventions
PRESENTER: Dr. Linda Collins, Director of The Methodology Center
WHEN: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:30 am—1:30 pm
WHERE: Methodology Center, 204 E. Calder Way
The three-hour workshop will include:
- An overview of the MOST framework
- Potential advantages of MOST
- Review of several applications of MOST
- Open discussion of how MOST might be applied in the research of workshop attendees
- Suggestions for faculty considering applying for funding to implement MOST
- Resources to enable you or your trainees to learn more
All this, and lunch! The workshop is FREE and open to all Ph.D.-level scientists at Penn State. Registration is required and places are limited. To register, email Tammy Knepp (TLKnepp@psu.edu).
A Taste of Methodology is co-sponsored by the Social Science Research Institute and the Methodology Center, and is part of SSRI's Innovative Methods Initiative.