Registration Open for May 2019 Training on Optimization
December 1, 2018
Apply now to attend the Training on Optimization of Behavioral and Biobehavioral Interventions in Bethesda, Maryland on May 13-17, 2019. The goal of this five-day training is to help attendees gain the skills they need to use the multiphase optimization strategy (MOST) to optimize behavioral and biobehavioral interventions. This training is designed for those at any career level who have a terminal degree and who are planning to pursue, or have pursued, funding to conduct research involving MOST.
Methodology Center Investigators Linda Collins and Kate Guastaferro will serve as instructors. Angela Pfammatter and Heather Wasser, alumni of MOST training who have applied experience with MOST, will serve as associate instructors.
Topics to be covered
- multiphase optimization strategy (MOST): preparation, optimization, and evaluation
- development of a conceptual model
- design of optimization trials, with an emphasis on factorial designs
- power for optimization trials
- selection of the components that will comprise the optimized intervention, based on optimization trial results
- analysis of data from an optimization trial using either SAS or R
- practical aspects of conducting optimization trials in varied field settings
- obtaining funding for optimization projects